[squid-users] Getting Squid-Graph to work Properly

From: <marshall28@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:42:26 GMT

I'm able to get the squid-graph program to run and I have an apache web server running but I'm not sure howto enable squid-graph to run and monitor my proxy traffic continuously and report this to an apache web page. I want to get upto the minute statistics on the status of my proxy. What do you guys use to monitor your proxy, and if you use squid-graph how have you setup things to monitor your proxy continuously to provide upto the minute statistics?

As a side note, it looks like the main documenation site for squid-graph has said (http://squid-graph.securlogic.com/docs/) that in order to generate it's stats it relies on the access.log file being used. Is this true or just an example on thier documentation site? I have actually disabled my access.log file and made the output goto /dev/null after reading an article on how this file will overload your disk after a while, due to all the requests being logged here.

thanks
marshall

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!