Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy of OWA/Exchange 2000

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:02:22 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Eric Kahklen wrote:

> Thanks. Do you know when Squid 3.0 will be release as a stable version?

When we are happy with it. Hopefully before the summer but no promise.

The original plan was to have it released long ago, but as always there is
delays.

> I guess I'd be more worried about the security issues related to the
> Squid code, but I have more faith in it, than IIS :-) Anyways, thats
> for the help!! And I look forward to the the production release of Squid
> 3.0 to use with my OWA box. There isn't a stable version that can
> accomplish this is there with the updates to 2.5???

There is some patches floating around, but it can not be compared with the
ease of using Squid-3.0. If you can run the OWA server in https:// mode
then the SSL update from http://devel.squid-cache.org/ may help. The main
feature missing with the SSL update is the originserver cache_peer option.

As long as you do not depend on Squid-3.0.PRE for production use I see no
problem with trying to use Squid-3.0.PRE until 3.0.STABLE is ready.