Re: [squid-users] NDS and Single Sign ON

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:20:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Stephane DESMET wrote:

> I would like to use squid to do some authentication with my Novell server.
> I have NDS installed on my Novell.
> I know this is possible using the ldap_auth module.

Yes.

> I would also like to to some SSO (single Sign On). => I don't want IE to prompt
> for a login/passwd at startup.
> I know this is possible with NTLM and samba 3 with an MS Active Directory.

Yes.

> Does anybody has already done this kind of task ?
> => Can I do some SSO authentication with Squid on a NDS ??

Not that I know of.

Can you use SSO to web servers within your NDS? If you can then it MAY be
possible to develop NDS SSO support for Squid.

What some people have done (or so I have heard) which kind of works as a
SSO is to use IP based access controls with a lookup to into NDS to see
who is the user last authenticated from the client IP address seen by
Squid. This can be done via the external_acl_type directive.

I do not have more information about the IP approach with NDS at this
time. But if you can find a way to query NDS on who the user is based on a
IP address then it is not hard to plug into Squid.