[squid-users] Tag: deny_info question

From: OTR Comm <otrcomm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:05:14 -0700

Hello,

I only allow one of my authenticated users to access sites not stored in
the cache with 'miss_access allow'. When other users try to access a
site not in the cache, they receive the Forwarding Denied error page.

If I want to redirect the Forwarding Denied error to a cgi handler and
capture the url that was denied, I would use the dent_info tag, correct?

The syntax calls for something like this I believe:

deny_info http://www.foo.com/cgi-bin/wd_handler.cgi?url=%U acl

where %U is the url. The ERR_FORWARDING_DENIED file uses %U, but
squid.conf mentions %s. Or do I just read it from the stream fed to my
wd_handler.cgi script and shift it into an array?

Also, would the acl here be all of my autheticated users except the one?

Actually the user that can access sites not in the cache is called
'wget' and feeds data into the cache through the wget program. That is,
the user wget never gets the Forwarding Denied, just users who log in
through a browser.

If I have all users who authenticate defined like so:

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

would I use this acl for the deny_info tag?

I hope this makes sense,

Thanks,

Murrah Boswell