Re: [squid-users] Tag: deny_info question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:35:47 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, OTR Comm wrote:

> I only allow one of my authenticated users to access sites not stored in
> the cache with 'miss_access allow'. When other users try to access a
> site not in the cache, they receive the Forwarding Denied error page.
>
> If I want to redirect the Forwarding Denied error to a cgi handler and
> capture the url that was denied, I would use the dent_info tag, correct?
>
> The syntax calls for something like this I believe:
>
> deny_info http://www.foo.com/cgi-bin/wd_handler.cgi?url=%U acl
>
> where %U is the url. The ERR_FORWARDING_DENIED file uses %U, but
> squid.conf mentions %s. Or do I just read it from the stream fed to my
> wd_handler.cgi script and shift it into an array?

Looks fine. Except for the small detail where deny_info may be used in
2.5.STABLE4 and earlier:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#squid-2.5.STABLE4-deny_info_reply

> Also, would the acl here be all of my autheticated users except the one?

You can always negate acls with ! if this makes your life easier.
deny_info looks for the last ACL on the access line where the request was
denied. Any ! should not be specified to deny_info.

> would I use this acl for the deny_info tag?

Depends on what the access line which denies access looks like.