Re: [squid-users] Tag: deny_info question

From: OTR Comm <otrcomm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:26:13 -0700

Hello,

I have problems understanding deny_info.

> You can always negate acls with ! if this makes your life easier.
> deny_info looks for the last ACL on the access line where the request was
> denied. Any ! should not be specified to deny_info.

I have a rule like so:

deny_info http://216.19.43.110/cgi-bin/squidsearch/FD_Handler.cgi
password

but then none of my users ever receive the authentication prompt and the
browser acts like it is an endless loop trying to get to
http://216.19.43.110/cgi-bin/squidsearch/FD_Handler.cgi. Both the
access.log and store.log are loaded now with references to
FD_Handler.cgi. But, like I said, the browser doesn't ever present the
authentication prompt.

If I change the rule to !password, users can authenticate, but the
deny_info rule is ignore and the standard Forwarding Denied error page
is present when a non-cached page is requested.

I must have missed something major about how deny_info works, and/or how
to define the ACL.

How can I redirect the Forwarding Denied error to FD_Handler.cgi, and
still allow all my users to authenticate? I am confused.

Thanks,

Murrah Boswell