[squid-users] Réf. : Re: [squid-users] NTLM auth failed only for some client

From: <sdavy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:39:34 +0100

I use the ntlm_auth from Samba-3.0.1, but I'll switch to 3.0.2.
Regarding the failure, I think I wasn't precise enough: Squid doesn't
crash, and the client doesn't have any popup, but it can not access the
site: this one seems to be unreachable. After restarting the browser,
that's ok. I'll use squid -k debug the next time this client fails.

---
Stéphane Davy - Consultant Alcôve
Architecture technique
BICS - Banque Populaire
01 64 54 69 29

                      Henrik Nordstrom
                      <hno@squid-cache.org>     Pour :   Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
                                                cc : sdavy@bics.fr, <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
                      24/02/2004 18:46          Objet :  Re: [squid-users] NTLM auth failed only for some client

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 sdavy@bics.fr wrote:
>
> > OK, I'll try the snapshot as I still got a failure a few minutes ago.
>
> Which ntlm helper are you using?
There is also yet another ntlm related patch published a few minutes ago,
but I do not think this is related to your problem (or at least not unless
you see your Squid crashing, not only a auth popup in the browser)
Of the ntlm helpers available only the winbind helpers are known to be
stable, and it is recommended to use ntlm_auth from Samba-3.0.2.