[squid-users] Réf. : Re: [squid-users] Réf. : Re: [squid-users] NTLM auth failed only for some client

From: <sdavy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:29:31 +0100

I currently use a snapshot from 24/02/2004. Actually, I think that the
problem is not NTLM, or not directly: it seems that this client (IE6)
looses its proxy parameters during a session. This is why the site becomes
unreachable as the proxy is mandatory to go outside. I've seen some logs of
this client on the firewall.
The thing is that it doesn't happen with our production proxy which is a
Squid 2.4 with ident, and this is why I thought it was related to NTLM
which is the main difference between the test proxy and the production one.
But all the other clients (NT+IE5 or IE6, some WinXP) work fine.

I keep on investigating

---
Stéphane Davy - Consultant Alcôve
Architecture technique
BICS - Banque Populaire

                      Henrik Nordstrom
                      <hno@squid-cache.org>     Pour :   sdavy@bics.fr
                                                cc : Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>, <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
                      25/02/2004 11:23          Objet :  Re: [squid-users] Réf. : Re: [squid-users] NTLM auth failed only for some client

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 sdavy@bics.fr wrote:

> I use the ntlm_auth from Samba-3.0.1, but I'll switch to 3.0.2.
Also try switching to a current Squid-2.5 snapshot release (2004-02-25 or
later). There has been quite many NTLM related bug fixes in the last
weeks.