[squid-users] Access.log

From: Brian Bennett <bennett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:35:30 -0500 (EST)

I have a SUSE 9 server setup running Samba as the PDC.
I want to be able to have the machine\userid in the access.log.

Everything I find refers to using winbind to access an NT PDC, well I dont
need to get at another PDC, both squid and SAMBA PDC are on the same box.
Is there not an easy way to get squid to get the currently logged on
machine\user from an IP address from samba? (this would be ideal).

I have tried setting up winbind, but it does not work for me, wbinfo -a
with user and password fails. If I have to go this route, is there a
trick to setting this up when there is NO NT BOX involved. Like I said, I
think winbind is overkill in this scenario, as I dont' care about authing
against NT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as these squid logs aren't of much
help with dhcp ip addresses in them.

Thanks.