Re: AW: AW: AW: [squid-users] reverse-proxy for multiple domains

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:16:28 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 martin.mueller@stadt.wolfsburg.de wrote:

> as i sad, the requested URL is my problem. i don't know wich URL i have to
> request from a client und by which criteria the reverse-proxy desides which
> web-server to use.

The reverse proxy reconstructs the URL as per the httpd_accel_*
instructions. It then tries to retreive this URL.

The URL as seen by the reverse proxy is logged in access.log, and will be
fetched as if you ran a browser on the reverse proxy server requesting
these URLs directly.

> does the hosts entries must also be mad on the clients, so they don't ask
> the general DNS-server what ip is behind www.mail.ca

While testing this may be required until you have the reverse proxy
registered for these DNS names.

But in production host entries is only required on the proxy server to
give the proxy server a different view of what addresses to use than the
rest of the world.