Re: [squid-users] Fw: access.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:30:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Andrej G. Zadorozhnyj wrote:

> My problem: user "kgi" from NT domen "sdpmz" browses www.ya.ru. In
> access.log I see next information:
> 10.2.5.52 TCP_DENIED/407 1673 GET http://ya.ru/ - NONE/-
> 10.2.5.52 TCP_DENIED/407 1673 GET http://ya.ru/ - NONE/-
> 10.2.5.52 TCP_MISS/200 1566 GET http://ya.ru/ - DIRECT/213.180.194.129
> 10.2.5.52 TCP_DENIED/407 1730 GET http://www.yandex.ru/yandsearch? - NONE/-
> 10.2.5.52 TCP_DENIED/407 1730 GET http://www.yandex.ru/yandsearch? - NONE/-
> 10.2.5.52 TCP_MISS/200 5845 GET http://www.yandex.ru/yandsearch? sdpmz\kgi DIRECT/213.180.194.12
>
> First and second string say me about auth process and in third string I
> want see "domain\user", but it is in sixth string only, after user "kgi"
> completed his find-request.

The reason to this is how NTLM operates.

For each new TCP connection opened by the browser to the proxy there is
two TCP_DENIED/407 with no username, indicating NTLM is negotiating the
authentication. When the connection is authenticated the request is
forwarded to the requested server (TCP_MISS ... DIRECT)