RE: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth Windows 2003

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:54:41 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Craig Scott wrote:

> But as ldapsearch works every time along with the other ldap tools and
> facilities we employ does this not point towards the of squid_ldap_auth
> module?

Not sure. It does pretty much the same things as ldapsearch with a binddn
specified.

The only difference is that after the search have completed
squid_ldap_auth rebinds as the user found in the directory. If your server
rejected every request or the use of persistent LDAP connections this
would make sense as a source of the problem, but not rejecting every
second request to the LDAP server like your logs indicate.

> Furthermore, as I mentioned squid_ldap_auth was working fine with
> Windows 2000 active directory, the 2000 to 2003 active directory upgrade
> process modifies the directory schema and introduces new security
> settings might these be effecting the ldap queries performed by
> squid_ldap_auth?

Security settings may obviously have some effect, but these usually are a
all or nothing.