Re: [squid-users] A problem with URL truncation

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:16:31 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 mrflora@cwazy.co.uk wrote:

> Hello, I am a Squid neophyte and I'm having a problem with URLs. Squid
> seems to be truncating all URLs to a single "/" and gives me the error
> "The requested URL could not be retrieved". I can't find anything wrong
> in the config file. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Are you trying to run Squid as a transparently intercepting proxy nor
requiring the browser to be configured to use the proxy?

If so, have you made the required squid.conf changes for transparent
interception operation? (see the Squid FAQ)

And does it work if you configure your browser to use the proxy?