[squid-users] Restricting URL Access to Users

From: Allen Miller <allen.miller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:34:36 -0600

I have been successful at restricting users access to one URL, but the user
is continually prompted for username and password (it seems for every object
on the web page). Here's my squid.conf snippet I believe to be critical:

acl USERS proxy_auth user1
acl limited_url url_regex "/webproxy/squid/etc/limited_url"
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow USERS limited_url
http_access deny USERS

I also tried using identd, but that only seemed to work for the computer,
not the user.

Any thoughts?

Allen Miller
Network Administrator