[squid-users] squid 2.5, ldap and ssl

From: Barns,R <R.Barns@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:51:32 -0000

I have squid 2.5 working with ldap authentication in a test environment. If I understand correctly what I have read in FAQ 23.1 when the username/password pair is passed from the user's browser to squid it is unencrypted and hence at risk of interception. To protect against this we are considering using SSL. My question about this is: Am I right in thinking that there is no way to encrypt just the username/password pair and that we will have to encrypt all traffic to squid to prevent the password details being read.
Thanks
        Rick Barns