Re: [squid-users] authentication with groups

From: Doug Kite <dkite@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:25:11 -0500

>>> Henrik Nordstrom wrote on 03/04/04 10:12AM >>>

>See the auth_param directive, and/or the Squid FAQ chapter on
>authentication.
>
>You need to tell Squid how it is supposed to verify the login details.

Ok, I was thinking the external_acl_type was all you needed. So, I have added:

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth

(I added the /etc/pam.d/squid file and tested pam_auth from the command line
and it worked.)

So then do I need two acls, one to do basic auth as such:
acl foo proxy_auth REQUIRED

...and another acl to do the group check (as shown before):
acl full_access external unix_group web

If yes, then do I have to combine them on the http_access line like so?
http_access allow foo full_access

Does the auth_param directive replace the authenticate_program directive? I
could not find auth_param in the squid.conf--it only mentions
authenticate_program.

Thanks for your patience and help,
Doug