[squid-users] Authentication configuration

From: Graeme Bisset <gbisset@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:31:14 -0000

Hi,

We are currently running squid 2.5 Pre 3.

We'd like to move to the Stable 5 release but can't currently upgrade
our Kerberos and Samba installations.

Until we can change Samba etc. we'd like to continue using the
authentication helpers supplied with squid. I know the winbind
authentication is preferred, but this is just a temporary measure.

Our current authentication config is...

--enable-auth="ntlm,basic" \
--enable-ntlm-auth-helpers="NTLMSSP,fakeauth" \
--enable-basic-auth-helpers="MSNT"

When I try to configure the Stable 5 release with this I receive...

Auth scheme modules built: ntlm basic
Basic auth helpers built: MSNT
ERROR: NTLM auth helper NTLMSSP does not exists

How would I convert this config to work with Stable 5 and still provide
the same functionality?

Thanks in advance,

Graeme.