Re: [squid-users] Squid in a multi-processors Server

From: Schelstraete Bart <bart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:23:48 +0100

Hello,

The Squid process can only take advantage of 1 CPU, but the redirectors
and other stuff can use the other CPU.
You can only bind one squid on the same port on the same ip.......

rgrds,

       Bart
mcampiotti@sp.gov.br wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I'm running squid in a multi-proccessed server, and i've checked that squid
>consumes only one processor, my machine's configuration are:
>Dell Power Edge 2550
>2 Gb RAM
>2 Processors Pentium III 933 Mhz, 256kb cache
>
>Is that a limitation of squid ? Can i make more than you process run and
>bind to the same ip/port ?
>
>Obs. I've updated squid but it doesnt balance over the processors.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Moacir

 You can find me on Google or Yahoo...
 search for "Schelstraete Bart" or "Bart Schelstraete"
 Schelstraete Bart
 http://www.hansbeke.com
 email: bart at schelstraete.org