Re: [squid-users] Squid speed issue after authentication enabled

From: Schelstraete Bart <bart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:32:59 +0100

Hello,

* What exact authentication method did you use?
* How much authentication helpers are you using?
* Can you post us you acl's? (are you using an external program for acl's?)

rgrds,

       Bart
VRavi@scmmicro.co.in wrote:

>Hello,
>
>It takes a long time to get any page if enable authentication in the SQUID.
>I am using IE 5.5 on Winxp. Without the authentication speed is normal. I
>tried both SMB and LDAP authentication and in both authentication it takes
>a long time to display the first page after the authentication. Is there
>any setting or special configuration is to be done make it normal. Can any
>one help me to solve this problem.
>
>regards,
>
>ravi

 You can find me on Google or Yahoo...
 search for "Schelstraete Bart" or "Bart Schelstraete"
 Schelstraete Bart
 http://www.hansbeke.com
 email: bart at schelstraete.org