RE: [squid-users] Transparent proxy - some pages show up blank

From: Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:58:18 -0500

Scary part is HTTP is such a simple protocol yet people have so many
issues.
Transparent is fool proof(assuming you do your homework), but implicit
is definitely more robust. In Fail over situation transparent really
starts to shine. It is very simple to originate a default route through
a L4 redirect, with implicit the only good option is dns timeout.
If you really a crackpot you can redirect both for fail over. Service
and health checks are a sweet thing.

I opted for transparent because the administration is fool proof and
auth is not required.
Just works.......

I would love to hear other ideas as well if anyone if offering :-)

Ted