Re: [squid-users] acl list question

From: Payal Rathod <payal-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 02:20:07 +0000

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:25:37PM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Payal Rathod wrote:
>
> > Ok. Maybe you are right. But then what is the correct acl list I have to
> > use?
>
> If you want to block something without requesting a new login then the
> last acl on your deny line needs to be something else than a proxy_auth
> acl type. Squid "magically" asks for a new login if the request is denied
> by a proxy_auth acl.

Sorry Henrik, but you lost me completely here.

> This will automatically request a new login:
>
> http_access deny ... proxy_auth_based_acl
>
> This will not:
>
> http_access deny ... proxy_auth_based_acl ...

What is the difference between the two? What is this ... here ....
usernames ?

> If you do not find a logical ACL to place last then you can always use the
> "all" acl.
>
> http_access deny ... proxy_auth_based_acl all

Sorry, I do not get this too. Do you mean I should not use proxy_auth at
all? I want the users to access the proxy using authentiaction from
username and passwords.

Can you kindly explain in little more detail?

With warm regards,
-Payal