[squid-users] How do I Cache Static Content, Update only Dynamic Content

From: <marshall28@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 02:44:08 GMT

Is there any way for me to cache large portions of web sites that don't change so that the proxy has to do very little retreiving of that web-site from the Internet. For Instance, google.com is often accessed by users on my network and I'm curious if there's any way of speeding up access to this site by only having the cache update the dynamic content while holding the static content for longer. How do I keep more of what is accessed saved in the cache? Has anyone faced this and come up with an efficient solution?

thanks
marshall

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!