Re: [squid-users] About squid Mib

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:47:49 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, galle wrote:

> Hi all !!!
>
> I have read the Squid-Mib but i cant understand the difference between
> -cacheProtoClientHttpRequests

This is # requests received from clients

> and
> -cacheServerRequests

This is # requests forwarded to servers.

Their difference is approximately equal to the number of cache hits.

> Can someone help me?
>
> One more question, How does the cacheclients calculate the number of clients
> accessing cache ?

In this context, Squid considers each IP address a "client." If you have
two clients on the same IP address, Squid counts them as one client.

The number of clients is stored in the 'client_info' database which
you can view in the cache manager client_list page:

        squidclient mgr:client_list | less

Duane W.