[squid-users] IIS Logon Window does not appear

From: Serkan Dölen <Serkan.Dolen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:00:08 +0200

Dear all,

I have squid 2.5 stable 5 working with NT domain authentication (Moved from
ISA server last week).
When I try to reach a web page on internet(running on IIS) I get "HTTP 401.1
- Unauthorized: Logon Failed" error.
Without proxy a user logon window appears. Also with using our old ISA
server I can see logon window.
I searched the archives and found dated response from Henrik below (I am not
sure if it covers my problem).
The site manager does not want to change its configuration.

Is there any suggestion?
Thanks
Best regards.

--
Serkan Dolen
--
Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

>         People, I'm having some problems acessing some webpages with
> squid. It seems that the page is hosted on a Windows NT, anonymous
> access is denied, and the IIS is waiting encrypted passwords ( NTLM
> scheme, not plain text ). Of course squid can't do NTLM, and nobody is
> getting throw that page.
Ask the site manager to allow basic HTTP authentication (directory
properties -> directory security -> anonymous access  I think..). NTLM
authentication can't be proxied it a reliable manner, and is only
available to IE users.
--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker