[squid-users] Setting up squid as a reverse proxy

From: squid squid <squidusr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:05:09 +0800

I have squid 2.5 running on Solaris 8 in my environment with numerous web
and application servers hosting different websites/applications. I would
like my users to use only 2 URLs (ie. 1 to website and the other to
application) to access different websites/applications.

For website example, user uses URL abc.def.com/websitea, he gets to website
a that is on ghi.ghi.com. If he uses abc.def.com/websiteb, he gets to
website b on xxx.yyy.com.

For application example, user uses URL aaa.bbb.com/apps1, he gets to
application 1 that is on ddd.ddd.com:7001/apps1. If he uses
aaa.bbb.com/apps2, he gets to application 2 on www.xxx.com:7002/apps2.

Kindly advise how can I achieve the above.

Regards.

Find gifts, buy online with MSN Shopping. http://shopping.msn.com.sg/