Re: [squid-users] Setting up squid as a reverse proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:06:49 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, squid squid wrote:

> For application example, user uses URL aaa.bbb.com/apps1, he gets to
> application 1 that is on ddd.ddd.com:7001/apps1. If he uses
> aaa.bbb.com/apps2, he gets to application 2 on www.xxx.com:7002/apps2.
>
> Kindly advise how can I achieve the above.

In squid-2.5 you need to use a redirector helper for this, rewriting the
URLs as required.

<commercial>
You may also be interested to look into the eMARA product
from MARA Systems. This is a reverse proxy based on Squid with a intuitive
web based interface and very many additions around Squid to make the
ultimate reverse proxy or SSL accelerator.
</commercial>