RE: [squid-users] proxy server ith local addresses (Part 2)

From: stevepalmer <stevepalmer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:59:45 -0000

I've just attempted it with lynx which has no proxy specified for it, and that gets access to the internal addresses correctly. There are no firewalls involved either.

I spotted the cache_peer_domain rule in there for altering caching behavour. Adding proxy2.embc.org.uk !.nbcs.net doesnt appear to have any affect on it however. I already have an always_direct acl in place for the domain anyway.

I've noticed that on an unproxyed browser on one of the windows clients, entering email.nbcs.net rather than just email results in a request for user/pass which it should not do. Furthermore intranet.nbcs.net gives me an Under Construction page. After typing http://xxxxx on a proxied browser the failed screen always resolves it to xxxx.nbcs.net. I hope there is a way to prevent that if i manage to get to work correctly as is?