Re: [squid-users] Logging clients IP in cache.log

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:57:49 +0100

On 24.03 09:45, Elsen Marc wrote:
> Doesn't make sense as cache.log as it's own purpose; info
> related to operations warning/errors about the squid cache
> or surrounding/encountered conditions.

Of course. But for debugging and resolving problems, the source IP can be
usable even in cache_log. As long as there's no way to determine which
access_log line belongs to which cache_log entry, showing the IP
information in cache_log would be a nice solution for this.

Should I fill a enhancement request for this? Or try to move this
discussion to squid-dev list?

> Concerning forwarding loop errrors also check :
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.31

I checked this, I possibly know where is the problem, but currently I'd
like to know more about things mentioned above..

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.