Re: [squid-users] Logging clients IP in cache.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:40:53 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> I am tracing a problem with forwarding loop. I tried to tune debugging to
> get client IP in cache_log, however I was unable to find which section set
> up to which level in debug_options.
>
> looking at the sources It seems that this could not be done in 2.5stable4.
> am I right? Should I fill up a bug report to ask for this?

Or better yet, make a patch and file that with the bug report. It would be
good to have the client IP in cache.log next to the rejected request
details (applies both to forwarding loops and invalid requests).

But as Marc said, it is not difficult to identify the client IP by looking
in access.log for what happened at the same time, and for forwarding loops
there is a great deal of information already in the HTTP headers logged in
cache.log, including a full trace of how the request has been forwarded
(see the Via and X-Forwarded-For headers)