RE: [squid-users] reverse ssl problem.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:10:49 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 jonathan.chiu@oocl.com wrote:

> Dear Henrik,
>
> Many thx for your advise, what I would need to do is to setup SSL
> authentication to protect user name / password when obtaining access
> from intranet. After logging into squid thru https, browser client from
> internet may change back to http (without 's') for continuing the web
> surfing. (Some of the intranet application like video streaming with
> mjepg does not working with https)

No problem there.

If you do not need https "on the inside" then Squid-2.5 is sufficient.
Even authentication in accelerators/reverse proxies is possible in
Squid-2.5 but requires a hidden define to be enabled.

If you need https "on the inside" then Squid-3 or Squid-2.5 + ssl update
is needed. In Squid-3 authentication for accelerators/reverseproxies works
by default and no hidden define is needed.