Re: [squid-users] Cache Size Limitation

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:08:11 -0500

Our cache filled up. Squid cosumed 99% of the CPU and filled it's memory
buffer, at which point it nearly filled our swap partition.
I tried to give it an abort, then core signal (kill -6), but for some
reason, it didn't write the core file.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on that one? It's really baffling me.
 Why would the process successfully abort, but not write a core? I know
it aborted because the CPU usage dropped back down to 0, after I sent
squid the -6 signal.

Very strange.

Regards,

Tim Rainier