Re: [squid-users] Urgent: I need filter IP

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:15:32 -0500

I strongly advise against blocking http://ip_address.
There are WAY too many websites that redirect to an ip address.

You really should use a firewall to control worms and viruses.

Besides, if you leave it open, your access.log will be able to tell you of
any machines on your network that might be susceptible to the exploit.

Otherwise Andreas' idea would work just fine.

Regards,

Tim Rainier

"Andreas Pettersson" <andpet@telia.com>
03/26/2004 01:02 PM