Re: [squid-users] Looking for good log analysis package

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:16:54 -0500

http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/

Plenty of useful products there.

Regards,

Tim Rainier

E Roberts <eroberts-squid@omninet-solutions.com>
03/26/2004 12:25 PM

        To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
        cc:
        Subject: [squid-users] Looking for good log analysis
package

I have been going one by one though each package I can find to give me the

status of my squid server. So far I've been disapointed. The best
information I can get is from SCALAR (http://scalar.risk.az/), but it
doesn't save the data and only good for one run, plus the lack of HTML
output (not a biggy though).

The main information I want, 'is the proxy actualying saving me
bandwidth?'. I don't care who's done what or how much bandwidth they are
using, I'm not looking to spy on my customers.

So my question is, does anyone know of a good package that will keep the
data from old runs and give me data like the following:

      In Traffic: 1.177 GB
     Out Traffic: 1.301 GB
   Saved Traffic: 127.726 MB 9.58 %

It would be nice to have the output be HTML and with some pretty pictures
and all, but I'm more interested in knowing the above data over the course

of using squid.

Regards