Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy-wccp+Squidguard+Ncsa ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:14:55 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 hakbar@indo.net.id wrote:

> I have problem with wccp+squidguard+ncsa right now, i use Cisco
> Router 3640 and Squid running on FreeBSD. if i move on with
> transparent proxy so Squid NCSA Authentication can't work like
> i want it but if i was setting client direct use manual proxy
> so i can move on Squid NCSA Authentication.

Yes?

This is even documented in squid.conf next to the proxy_auth acl, the
Squid FAQ and numerous other places.

If you want to violate Internet standards by transparently redirecting
traffic to the proxy then you have to accept that not all things works,
proxy authentication is one such thing (and in my opinion the least
problem with interception).