Re: [squid-users] User & Group ACLs and MySQL based auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:06:39 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, John P Santos wrote:

> Yeah, my preference really is MySQL, there's no reason to use LDAP on this
> network, though it's not technically impossible to implement. If they were
> using Active Directory to authenticate users on the windows network I would
> consider this as the best option.
>
> But what do I do to configure this? And how do I format the ACL's?

First you need to find or write the needed MySQL helpers to query MySQL.

As there is no standard on how logins or groups should be stored in MySQL
there is no standard helpers querying MySQL for the same...

The format of the queries sent to each type of helpers is documented in
the squid.conf comments. For basic configuration guidance see any of the
existing documents on how to configure authentication (only the helpers
differs).