Re: [squid-users] Squid in reverse and "classic" mode - on same mashine

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:33:56 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Hegedus, Ervin wrote:

> first: Squid will be a simple HTTP cache-proxy, with
> access-management, delay-pools, and any other features. The
> number of clients will be about 200, the Internet connection is
> 8MB/s. Users browsing statistics not avaliable.
>
> other: same Squid will be a HTTP SSL accelerator: there will be
> about 3 or 4 host, what will behind of Squid.
>
> Is it possible?

Yes, but I strongly recommend using two Squid instances (on the same
machine if you like).

It gets quite messy to make a squid.conf configuration which is secure and
correct for a Squid operating as both accelerator and proxy, each function
separately is much easier to configure and as there is none or very little
benefit of a shared cache between the two there is not much of a point in
trying to combine them into a single Squid instance.