[squid-users] Confusing error in cache.log

From: Meg Flurie <mflurie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:24:14 -0500

The basics...I'm running FreeBSD 4.8, with squid-2.5.STABLE2.
I've been getting "commConnectDnsHandle: Bad dns_error_message" repeatably
now in my cache.log file since I've done a wipe of my squid partitions and
re-initialized them several days ago. The error is happening on both of
the FreeBSD machines. Is this something I should worry about, or is it
typical? Any information would be appreciated as I've just recently taken on
these machines.

Thanks for reading,
M.F.