Re: [squid-users] Confusing error in cache.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:02:35 +0200 (CEST)

There is three ways:

a) "/path/to/sbin/squid -v". if the output includes --disable-internal-dns
then you are using the external DNS client.

b) cachemgr. If the cachemgr meny has a "Internal DNS Statistics" entry
then the internal DNS client is used..

c) squid.conf.default. If the documentation for dns_program says your
Squid needs to be compiled with --disable-internal-dns to use this then
your Squid is built using the internal DNS client..

Note: Internal DNS client is the recommended configuration.