[squid-users] Controlling All HTTP access based on time of day with Squid?

From: Glenn Joiner <glenn.joiner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:51:32 -0800

I'm wondering if it possible to use Squid to restrict web browsing to
off-business hours. We're trying to implement and open-source solution, so
Squid or any other open source product would be great to know about.

The only current idea I have is to make Squid a non-caching server, and
restrict my firewall to only allow outgoing web via the Squid, then run a
crond job to shut down or start the Squid process at the appropriate times.
Is there a more elegant way? Help.

Glenn