Re: [squid-users] My Squid Hardware -- Any Tips/Advice Before It's Commissioned

From: Peter Lustig <peter_lustig@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:28:21 +0200

If you don't need the support, I would also suggest to take a stable and
heavily tested Debian Woody. With this one, you can always be sure to
get security updates even in the not so close future. With SuSE you can
not be sure to get updates in two years or later.

Some useful links (at least they were useful for me):

Which filesystem to choose for the cache disks:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/presentations/os2002/wessels_duane.ppt

This article helped me a lot:
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Administration/High-Performance-Web-Caching-With-Squid/2/

Besides that, I started with SuSE (7.0) too, but by getting more
advanced it always was a pain in the ass when yast overwrote my manually
edited configuration files.