Re: [squid-users] FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

From: unixware <datareactor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 04:58:13 -0800 (PST)

> How man Mbit/s is your Squid server proxying?

20 Mbit/s ( 2 x 10 links . 2 squid boxes on each link
)

> I would also make sure all log files including
> swap.state is on the OS
> drive, and no swap partition.

log files are on OS drive but swap.state is on cache
drive . how i can shift it to OS drive

> > )OS Redhat 9 ( Mode Transparent using WCCP )
>
> Try "downgrading" to a standard Linux-2.4 kernel.

Using Default Redhat 9 Kernel ( 2.4.20 )
with using wccp v.1 patch

> Quite high.. Squid will perform better if your
> recompile with fewer
> filedescriptors, I would suggest 4096 or 6192. Note:
> Due to a glibc issue
> the number of filedescriptors must be eventy
> divideable by 32 or odd
> things may happen..

OK i will lower FD to 4096 or 6192

> Maybe, maybe not. Both Linux and FreeBSD usually
> performs about the same,
> but your milage may vary depending on network driver
> quality etc..

sometime i get very low throughput when testing squid
at peak hour . and downloading speed keep on
decreasing :(

i hope squid-3 will stable soon so i can use epoll for
efficient network i/o

Thanks for your help

Regards

UW