RE: [squid-users] Acl max_user_ip strange behavior?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:36:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, M J wrote:

> I had one acl that some URLs can be accessed without authentication, but
> when I put this acl before the acl max_user_ip users can go through without
> authentication but if I put it after squid just ignore acl and ask for
> authentication. Is that behavior right ?

It is. max_user_ip requires authentication as it needs the login name to
determine how many IP addresses this user is using.

Squid asks for authentication as soon as it reaches a acl requiring a
login name. Not only from proxy_auth acls. proxy_auth acls is just an acl
for matching the login name to a list of logins.

Other acls requiring login names are:

   proxy_auth
   proxy_auth_regex
   max_user_ip
   external, using an external_acl_type with %LOGIN