[squid-users] Can I use Squid for a web server?

From: Xavier Baez <tech@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:59:05 -0500

Dear members

I have a server that basically works to serve ad pages.

I thought it will be a good idea to install Squid so that users surfing
www.example.com will first pass through a proxy who caches contents.
Then the data transfer should be faster and Apache won't be so busy
delivering requests for every body (for example a visitor that downloads
files which are in the cache)

However, after I installed Squid, I noticed it's used mainly to provide
access to computers connected to yours. I am 100% I don't want my server
to work as an open proxy.

Has anybody configured squid to work together with apache in order to
deliver web pages more rapidly?

Xavier Baez C.
www.SoccerAccess.net
ICQ: 9103394