Re: [squid-users] Can I use Squid for a web server?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:02:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Xavier Baez wrote:

> However, after I installed Squid, I noticed it's used mainly to provide
> access to computers connected to yours. I am 100% I don't want my server
> to work as an open proxy.

Make sure your http_access rules is correct, only allowing access to your
web servers..

> Has anybody configured squid to work together with apache in order to
> deliver web pages more rapidly?

Yes. A fairly common configuration.

But please note that Apache is farily well optimized for giving out static
content, so you are not likely to gain much from adding a Squid infront of
it unless your web server does a lot of dynamic operations (database
lookups etc..).