Re: [squid-users] Can I use Squid for a web server?

From: Xavier Baez <tech@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:25:45 -0500

Dear Squid users

can anybody please tell me a correct configuration for this?

I also read that I must change Apache to listen on port 81 (instead of
port 80) in order to enable httpd-accelerator

"Make sure your http_access rules is correct, only allowing access to your
web servers."

Could anybody please tell me a correct configuration to make Squid serve as a httpd-accelerator for my ip xx.xxx.xx.xx and don't work as an open proxy for the dangerous internet?

Will Squid make users downloading files have a better service? THe problem I'm having with apache right now is that downloads are cutted in the middle of the transfer ;(

Regards

Xavier Baez C.
www.SoccerAccess.net
ICQ: 9103394