Re: [squid-users] Authentication with Samba

From: Tilo Lutz <TiloLutz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:30:20 +0200 (MEST)

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Tilo Lutz wrote:
> > I want everyone using the squid-proxy to authenticate.
> > Users who are logged in from an MS-Client should not be asked
> > for a password.
> Then you need to join the domain and use winbind NTLM helpers..

> > Do I really have to use winbind?
> Yes, if you want any kind of reliable operation.
Do I have to make a complete winbind setup with
changing /etc/nsswitch.conf and files in /etc/pam.d
or is OK winbind is just running.

> NTLM helpers expects NTLMSSP binary blob messages. Because of this it is
> virtually impossible to test NTLM without using a NTLM aware browser
> connecting to the proxy.

Do you know where I can get a list of ntml aware browers?
I know IE works and newer versions of mozilla should also
support ntml. But whats about opera and konqueror?

Thank you for your help,

Tilo