[squid-users] Re: HTTPS site

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 13:48:57 -0400

Montervino, Mariano wrote:

> Iīm using squid Version 2.5.STABLE5 and Samba 3.0.2a in a windows network.

> If i configure IE to use "use http 1.1" plus "use http 1.1 through proxy
> connection" options i couldnīt access somes site using ssl. The access.log
> show that for thats sites the user doesnīt authenticate; but in this
> scenario yahoo messenger work fine.

> If i configure IE to use only "use http 1.1" option all ssl site work
> fine; but in this scenario yahoo messenger stop working. Below is a
> extract of access.log

I can understand your frustration - we had the same problem at a site I
worked at. Never could figure out how to get Yahoo! messenger working, but
also didn't invest an enormous amount of time into it, as Yahoo! messenger
was personal use, not business-related.

One thing you could try is specifically allowing .msg.yahoo.com (using a
dstdomain acl) before you require authentication. You would lose the
tracking and access control the authentication provides, but that's your
call.

I would also recommend complaining to Yahoo! about it, as they make the
software.

Adam