RE: [squid-users] winbind and ntlm auth

From: Tom Martin <Tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:43:13 +0100

I've got NTLM auth working with a similar setup - my understanding of it is that the choice of authentication method is left to the browser - if our users are using IE they get NTLM, but if you use Opera you get basic, since Opera doesn't support NTLM, even though squid does - so you may want to check the browser setup rather than the proxy