Re: [squid-users] delay pools starvation

From: Bar <bar1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:07:48 +0200

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Bar wrote:
>
> > I have the latest stable version 2.5stable5. Can't find this
experimental
> > patch that should solve this problem. Anyone know where to get it?
>
> Try searching the mailing list archives.

I've searched all mailing list archives and found nearly no answer.
The only track was 2 posts of dynamic delay pools:
- first from Chamara Gunaratne (there is some doc but no patch available)
- second from Dani Adhipta (patch present on squid-dev - no doc, no info)
I don't even know if these are patches that are mentioned in FAQ.

You mentioned also of the trick to nullify download accelerators by delay
pools.
But how can I set it up not to block normal, single-threaded downloads?
I suppose if I set up it with maxconn I think that also normal connection
from browsers would count to that limit.
I would be very thankful if you could get me some clue.

Regards,
Bar