[squid-users] Username Logging via Ident onTerminal Server

From: Scott Clark <sclark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:43:39 -0400

I would like to know if it is possible to log user access and have their
users names via show up in the logs via Ident on Squid. I have this working
on stand alone clients and DansGuardian but I have having trouble getting
this to work on a Windows 2000 terminal server. This is due to the fact
that once an instance is launch of Ident under one user another instance
can't be launched because the the port is taken. Is there a way to do Ident
lookups on a Windows terminal server? If not is there another way I can do
username logging on the terminal servers and still use ident on the other
machines?

NOTE: I am not trying to do authentication just logging of usernames.

Scott Clark
Information Technology Director
Town of Fuquay-Varina
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526